NRA Class Information
Jarel Jensen - NRA Certified Instructor
In addition to our full curriculum of MCS courses for experienced shooters, we also offer NRA Certified basic pistol training for individuals or small groups, please contact us to schedule YOUR training! We will work with you on YOUR schedule to make it work for YOU!
If you are an experienced pistol shooter, but have a FRIEND or FAMILY member who wants to learn to shoot, let us get them started the RIGHT WAY!
Current Course Listing
We currently teach the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course. This course requires no prior handgun experience, but is also appropriate for those with casual experience but no formal training. Approximately 8 hours of classroom and range time, can be performed in one day, or split up into multiple segments across multiple days.
If you have your own pistol, you are welcome to use it for the class, or we can provide a pistol for you to use if you don't currently own one. You MUST however, have a current Nebraska Handgun Purchase Permit ($5, available at your County Sheriff's office) or a Nebraska CCW Permit in order to be provided a pistol.
Student Profiles For This Course:
- No experience, no intention of purchasing a pistol but want to learn the basics of pistol safety and operation for work, school, community and/or home safety reasons
- No experience, considering purchasing your first handgun, but not sure how to use it or if it's really for you
- No experience, planning to purchase your first pistol, but want to be confident in it's operation and how to make the proper selection before making the purchase
- Own or have access to a pistol, but limited experience with it, need to start with the basics
- Own or have access to a pistol, some informal experience with instruction from friends or family, no formal training, need to start with the basics
- NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting
- Course topics include:
- Gun safety rules
- Proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- Ammunition knowledge and selection
- Pistol selection and storage
- Shooting fundamentals
- Pistol inspection and maintenance
- Shooting range safety.
- Additionally, students will complete live fire training and a nationally standardized shooting qualification while on the range with an NRA Certified Instructor. Students will receive the NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination and receive a course completion certificate bearing the signature of the NRA Secretary and your NRA Certified Instructor.