Beyond Basic Handgun - Monday 11/9/20
Class to be held at The Marksman Indoor Range, Waterloo, NE.
Class time: 6-8 p.m.
If you have never shot at The Marksman before, please arrive 10 minutes early to sign the range safety waiver. You do NOT need to be a member of the range to participate in the class.
Course Description - Beyond Basic Handgun
- Developing the Core Skills for speed and accuracy in your handgun shooting
- Students in this class will work on refining the foundation skills of shooting a handgun by adding speed and stressing accuracy. This includes Grip, Trigger Control and the Fundamentals of Marksmanship. This content is important for ALL levels of shooters to continually refine and practice, from beginner to seasoned competitor. Students in this class may have no prior formal handgun training outside of a CCW or NRA Basic Pistol class, and may have never tried to shoot faster. Also students who have attended "tactical" or self-defense handgun courses will get a lot from this class, learning techniques and skills drawn from competition shooting that are not taught in those classes. However, students WITH more experience, including some competition experience, will still get a lot out of the class. The skills targeted in this class are what we consider the CORE SKILLS for effective shooting at speed, and you can never be TOO good at them!
- Gear Requirements:
- Center-Fire handgun .380 (9mm) caliber or larger
- Minimum 2 magazines
- 200 rounds of ammunition (available for sale at the range if you need extra)
- Eye and ear protection (available for rent at the range if you need it)
Students must have basic gun handling and marksmanship skills in order to effectively engage in this course, as it is not designed as a "learn to shoot" course, it is a "learn to shoot BETTER" course. This course is appropriate for students in skill levels 0-3 (see skill level descriptions).
YES - This course is designed to be repeated as many times as the student would like since these are the CORE SKILLS that you can never be TOO good at!