Pistol Speed Skills - Monday 11/30/20
Class to be held at The Marksman Indoor Range, Waterloo, NE.
Class time: 6-8 p.m.
If you have never shot at The Marksman before, please arrive 10 minutes early to sign the range safety waiver. You do NOT need to be a member of the range to participate in the class.
Course Description - Pistol Speed Skills (Level 1-5)
Maintaining accuracy with speed & target transitions
- Students in this class will build speed in shooting across multiple targets while maintaining accuracy, including while moving into and out of shooting positions. Many factors are at play when transitioning across targets which make it much more difficult than just shooting at a single target. Whether you are training for competition or not, these are skills that every competent handgun shooter needs to have. This class is appropriate for any shooter who has basic accuracy and confident gun-handling skills. Individual student goals will be set based upon current skill level, and while this class is appropriate for a newer shooter with no competition experience, it is also very worthwhile for an experienced competitor who wants to improve speed and accuracy for better match scores..
- Gear Requirements:
- Center-Fire handgun .380 (9mm) caliber or larger
- Minimum 2 magazines
- 200 rounds of ammunition (available for sale at the range if you need extra)
- Open-top or competition style belt-mounted OWB holster is optional
- Your own eye and ear protection, or you can rent these at the range
Students must have basic gun handling and marksmanship skills in order to effectively engage in this course. Prior competition experience is NOT required specifically, but those with competition experience will be put in a position to improve their existing skill base. This course is appropriate for students in skill levels 1-5 (see skill level descriptions).
YES - This course is designed to be repeated as many times as the student would like, standards for speed and accuracy will be set based upon the student's current skill level and returning students who have shown improvement since the last class will continue to be pushed to a higher level of performance. There are NO LIMITS to the level of skill you can achieve by focusing on these basic building blocks.